Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Mark Cuban

Just found Mark Cuban's weblog. I'm a big Cuban fan...if for no other reason then I love basketball and we both went to Indiana (and Dirk is on my NBA fantasy team). I also think he's a pretty smart dude. Not just from founding broadcast.com or selling it to Yahoo, but also for some of his investment moves post sale. Anyway, check out this blog entry on tracking NBA statistics: Stats that make you go hmmmm� - Blog Maverick - www.blogmaverick.com. I didn't go through the actual numbers or calculations because, frankly I don't really care. I just find it fascinating the real world applications of statistical analysis. You see it a lot in baseball, but my guess is that it's largely absent in most other sports. Most basketball is coached based on instinct and experience.

No comments: